Sunday, December 18, 2011

Trent Reznor Nominated For Golden Globe


Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross have been given a Golden Globe nomination for their soundtrack to "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo".
They have a chance of winning the gong for Best Original Score for the second time if they can beat competition by Martin Scorsese's "Hugo" and the score for "War Horse" by John Williams. Reznor and Ross previously won the same award for their musical contribution to "The Social Network".

Reznor's new soundtrack features an electronic Led Zeppelin cover with Yeah Yeah Yeah's Karen O on vocals, though she later admitted that she had never listened to the classic rock band before.
The album is available as a three-CD digipack or deluxe vinyl package, limited to 3,000 copies. If you prefer, you can get a 35 minute sampler for free from Reznor's Null Corporation label.
Chris Cornell has also been nominated for a Golden Globe for his solo song "The Keeper" from "Machine Gun Preacher".
Meanwhile, Reznor plans to release the debut album from his side project How To Destroy Angels in early 2012.
"[We are] finishing our full-length record, which has fully matured our sound into something that is very unique. I can’t wait for that record to come out, actually probably [in the] first quarter of next year," he told Rolling Stone.
"It felt very close to other projects I’ve been involved in or direct influences, let’s say. [This] sounds like How To Destroy Angels now, instead of sounding like other stuff, so I’m proud of that and I’m excited to unleash it into the wild here."
What does his success away from Nine Inch Nails mean for his original band?
"Really, why I stopped Nine Inch Nails as a live entity was because it started to feel like I've done it, I've done it, and I've done it again. I started to feel like I needed reinvention and I needed to force myself into that," he said.
"How To Destroy Angels has been an interesting creative outlet. I think when people hear what we’ve been up to, it will be very validating on my part."

No comments:

Post a Comment

ADs

Popular Posts

Web hosting for webmasters